Whaler's Cove Lodge is located on a beautiful secluded beach overlooking Killisnoo Harbor and the snow-clad mountains of Admiralty Island. The main lodge is the hub of activity. It serves as our dining and central social & recreational facility. Come enjoy the waterfront party deck and socialize with friends old and new while basking in the warmth of a one of a kind Alaskan fire pit.
Guest Cabins & Suites
We offer a wide range of cabins and suites to accommodate different groups. From single occupancy suites with private bathrooms to beach cabins accommodating two to eight people. All rooms capture a view of our harbor looking east over Admiralty Island National Monument. Each room is appointed with custom reclaimed burnt juniper log and cedar furniture. All rooms and cabins have electric heat and hot water, 24 hours a day. ADA accessible rooms and bathrooms are available!
- This two room cabin with two queen beds and one bathroom is situated on the beach overlooking Killisnoo Harbor. Close to the dock and the lodge it is a favorite for many long time repeat guests.
- Hasselburg cabin is a two room, one ADA bathroom cabin with two queen beds in the front and two custom bunk beds in the back room. This newly renovated cabin sits adjacent the main lodge and has an awesome front deck connected to the boardwalk system running from the dock to the main lodge. Great for groups of three or four buddies or a family with kids! Accommodates 6 maximum.
Mitchell Bay Cabin
- This four bedroom two bathroom cabin sits on the beach next to the lodge overlooking Killinsoo Harbor and the mountains of Admiralty Island to the east. Two single queen bedrooms with an adjoining ADA bathroom and another two double occupancy rooms with a shared bath make up this amazing larger party cabin. This cabin has been recently remodeled and is nicely appointed. Mitchell Bay cabin will have a new beach party deck in the spring of 2014!
Village Point Cabin
- Village Point cabin was built in 2012 and is situated at the shores edge of Killisnoo Harbor. This single room, one bath, double queen cabin is appointed with bamboo and slate floors and a private covered beach deck to enjoy your mornings or evenings with friends or loved ones. More of these awesome waterfront cabins are planned for Whaler's Cove in the near future!
Point Lull Cabin
- Point Lull cabin is identical to Village Point cabin. Also built in 2012 it sits next to it's sister cabin and is just a short stroll from the main lodge. These two cabins are intentionally designed and oriented to capture the amazing morning sunrise views! Book early to reserve the waterfront cabins as they get snatched up quickly!
Distant Point Cabin
- One of our favorites, Distant Point is a newly remodeled cottage style cabin with two rooms and one custom bathroom. A cozy room with one full size bed and another room with the most amazing Queen/Twin bunk bed you will ever see, this cabin sports a view of the harbor and mountains. It is great for two or three single guys or a family of 4!
- Luke's cabin was built by our long time friend Luke Nelson. It is situated on a bluff with a covered front deck view of Killisnoo Harbor and a back room view looking west at the mountains of Chichagof Island. Luke's cabin is a two bedroom, one bathroom cabin with a living room and a pull out couch. Great for couples or parties looking for privacy or a place to socialize. One room is appointed with a single queen bed, and the other room has two twin beds. The living room couch also makes into a bed if you have kids. This wonderful Alaskan cabin accommodates 4 people maximum.
This brand new (2015) five unit building features three beach-front ground level double queen rooms and two second level two bedroom suites each with a living room overlooking the harbor.
- Kenasnow Room - Kenasnow is the original name of our island before it became known as Killisnoo Island. The exact Tlingit meaning "has been lost". This ground floor, single room, one bath, double queen room is appointed with bamboo and slate floors and a private covered beach deck to enjoy your mornings or evenings with friends or loved ones.
- Killisnoo Room - Killisnoo (Meaning sheltered harbor or sheltered from the wind) is the Tlingit name for the town that once stood where our lodge is today. This ground floor, double queen room with a private bath is identical to the Kenasnow room (next door).
- Kootznahoo Room - Kootznahoo (Fortress of the Bear) is the Tlingit namesake of our local area. The third and identical beach front, ground floor double queen with private bath. These three units (Kenasnow, Killisnoo & Kootznahoo Rooms) are great for 3 couples or 6 guys that want to hang out and enjoy the evenings together away from the lodge.
- Knudson Suite - The Knudson Suite is named after the family dairy farm in Hood Bay that served the town of Killisnoo back in the day (late 1800's). This second level harbor and mountain view suite is accessed from the hillside behind (no stairs). It has two bedrooms, each with a king size bed and a shared bathroom between the two rooms. The unit also boasts a living room with comfortable seating for 4 and a gas fireplace. This is perfect for a small family or 2 couples that want to visit and enjoy Real Alaska with all the amentities!
- Kanalku Suite - The Kanalku Suite is on the second level and identical to the Knudson Suite (next door) in every way except that there is a Queen/Twin bunk combo in one of the rooms. It is a local Tlingit name for a bay that is part of the Mitchell Bay system. Kanalku is a very special place that provides sockeye salmon the local smoke houses and has fed the community of Angoon for over 800 years! This 2 bedroom suite has a shared bathroom between the two rooms and a living room with gas fireplace that overlooks Killisnoo Harbor and the mountains of Admiralty Island to the east (including Kanalku Mountain).
Salmon & Trout Building
Rainbow, Cutthroat, Dolley Varden, Pink, Silver, King & Sockeye Rooms
- This seven room building houses seven individual rooms for couples and groups of two. Each suite has a private bath and all overlook Killisnoo Harbor and the amazing mountain view to the east. Each room accesses a 110' x 12' deck running along the water side of the building and is great for groups as well. End the day in an Adirondack chair with you family or friends!
Bird House Building
Eagle, Raven, Ptarmigan & Hummingbird Rooms
- The Bird House Suites is tucked in the trees directly behind and above the main lodge. This building is an easy walk from the lodge and is close to everything. All four rooms are available with harbor and mountain views. Each are single queen suites with private bathrooms with access to party decks.