Whaler's Cove Lodge has it all!
Amazing Salt Water Fishing!!! (Guided & Self Guided)
Epic Fresh Water Fishing!!! (All Guided)
A Day on the Salt
A Day on the Fresh
Whalers' Cove Lodge offers the best combination of fresh and saltwater fishing anywhere in Alaska! Our guests have the daily choice of either kind of fishing and may choose to enjoy a combination of both!
Since our lodge is centrally located and we don't have to fly our guests out to saltwater or into a stream, it extends our clients daily fishing time. Our dock is located within minutes of one of the finest saltwater fisheries in southeast Alaska.
We offer: Fully Guided fishing adventures, with highly experienced U.S. Coast Guard licensed captains averaging 20 years of fishing in our region; a Self Guided Package which allows anglers to fish at their own pace; or a combination package offering both guided and self-guided days. The best of both worlds!
Guided Freshwater Fishing
Self Guided Salt Water Fishing
All-Inclusive Packages Include:
All of our adventure packages, Guided and Self-Guided, are all-inclusive.
Round-Trip Transportation: Between Juneau to Whalers Cove Lodge is Included!
- Round trip float plane ( www.WardAir.com) or high speed catamaran ferry trip (Whalers Cove Private Ferry), including 50 lbs of inbound and outbound personal luggage per person; Includes 100 lbs to 150 lbs of outbound processed fish per person (depending on length of trip). The three and four day packages include 2 - 50 lb boxes per person, the seven day package includes 3 - 50 lb boxes per person
Gourmet Food, Snacks and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Daily Hot Breakfast and Alaskan Sized Gourmet Family Dinner served buffet style in the main lodge
- A Lunch Buffet is set out every morning for you to choose just the right lunch for your tastes.
- All beverages, mixers and bottled water are provided
- Clean, comfortable rooms and cabins with private bathrooms are situated on the lodge property
- ADA Accessible rooms are available
Daily Room Service
- Our professional and friendly housekeeping staff will make up and clean your room daily.
- We provide daily guest laundry services so you don't have to bring your whole wardrobe...all complimentary!
Guided Packages Include
- Daily Guided Fishing with experienced coast guard licensed captains on our fleet of custom built 32' diesel powered aluminum vessels, all safety equipment, fish coolers loaded with ice, all fishing gear and tackle, bait and fuel.
Self-Guided Packages Include Modern Fish Processing
- 18' to 24' fishing boat equipped with video fish finders, radios and power tilt outboard motors, all safety equipment, fish coolers loaded with ice, all fishing gear and tackle, bait and fuel.
- Self Guide Package Availability is based on a first come first serve basis
- Daily fish cleaning and cutting to your specifications, commercial vacuum packaging and flash freezing is all included.
- Boxes are wet-lock, insulated airline approved for checked in baggage, and hold up to 50 pounds each.
- The three (3) and four (4) day packages include 2 - 50lb boxes per person (100 lbs)
- The six (6) and seven (7) day packages include 3 - 50lb boxes per person (150 lbs)
- The eight (8) day packages include 4 - 50lb boxes per person (200 lbs)
All Rods, Reels, Downriggers, Tackle and Bait...it's all included!
Other Gear Provided
- Rain Gear
- Rubber Calf Length Boots
- Hip Waders
- All boating safety equipment required by USCG regulations
- Kayaks and related safety equipment are available for guest use at your leisure
- 18' Klamath Offshore boats with Honda 50hp outboards are available for evening use*
- ***Based on availability***
- Alaska state fishing license and King salmon stamp (Under $100 per person)
- Excess fish processing ($3.00 per lb over alloted package amount)
- Excess luggage over 50lbs on float plane transportation.
- Fuel Surcharge may apply, announced January of each year.
Reservation/Discount Policy as of January 1st, 2015 to present
- 3% discount for payment in full with Cash or Check
- 10% discount for Founder's Club Member
- Guest must be full-pay for 5 years
- 6th year + for rest of life = 10% discount and 1 extra 50lbs of fish processed, complimentary if caught by guest
- Current Year rates for following year if Deposit is paid by end of Current Year sesason (i.e. 9/12/CY) for next season
- Next Year rates kick in beginning first day after season of Current Year closes
- Child Rates
- 0-2 = free, no fish box allowance
- 3-10 = 50% discount, no fish box allowance
- 11-15 = 25% discount, 1 fish box allowance for trip
- 16+ same as adult pricing, full package, F&G requires fish licenses
- Best price per use of 1 discount: no multiple add on discounts
- 2 for 1 - 24 trips, Great Halibut Giveaway for 2016
- Killisnoo Kings Tournament, June
- 1st Prize - 2 - 7 Day FG trips
- 2nd Prize - 2 - 4 Day FG Trips
- 3rd Prize - 2 - 3 Day FG Trips
- All Deposits are Non-Refundable
- Deposits can be rolled over to another year, one time and current year rates will apply
- 2015 - Full Payment Due 60 days prior to first date of trip
- 2016 - Full Payment Due 90 days prior to first day of trip
- Refunds for cancellations after the fully-paid non-refundable date = only if the space is resold, minus the deposit
- Full Payments can be rolled over prior to the non-refundable date, in their entirety, however current year rates will apply.
- Full Payments can be rolled over after the non-refundable date, only if the space is rebooked.
Whaler's Cove Lodge endeavors to host the best guest experience we can provide;
we have the right to refuse service
if a customer's presence detracts from the safety, welfare, and/or
well-being of other patrons or lodge employees.
These tours are operated under special use permit with the U.S. Forest Service in the Tongass National Forest. This company is an equal opportunity provider.