Guided Packages Include:
Your choice of any and all of the following activities: Boat-based salt water fishing, salt or fresh water kayak fishing, salt or fresh water fly fishing, eco tours.
Daily Guided Fishing with experienced United States Coast Guard licensed captains on our fleet of custom built 32′ diesel powered aluminum vessels, all safety equipment, fish coolers loaded with ice, all fishing gear and tackle, bait and fuel.
Self-Guided Packages Include:
Boat-based salt water fishing. 24′ fishing boat equipped with video fish finders, radios and power tilt outboard motors, all safety equipment, fish coolers loaded with ice, all fishing gear and tackle, bait and fuel.
ALL Packages (Guided AND Self Guided) Include the following:
Transportation: Round trip float plane ( www.WardAir.com) or high speed catamaran ferry trip (charted through Allen Marine), including 50 lbs of inbound and outbound personal luggage per person; Includes 100 lbs to 150 lbs of outbound processed fish per person (depending on length of trip).
Meals: Gourmet Food, Snacks and Non-Alcoholic Beverages; Daily Hot Breakfast, Alaskan Sized Gourmet Family Dinner served buffet style in the main lodge; a Lunch Buffet is set out every morning for you to choose just the right lunch for your tastes; and coffee, tea, juices, soda-pops, mixers, and water are provided.
Lodging: Clean, comfortable rooms and cabins with private bathrooms and either amazing views or nestled into the woods, are situated throughout the lodge property; Our professional and friendly housekeeping staff will make up and clean your room daily.
Modern Fish Processing: Daily fish cleaning and cutting to your specifications, commercial vacuum packaging and flash freezing is all included. Boxes are wet-lock, insulated airline approved for checked in baggage, and weigh up to 50 pounds each. The box and packaging can weigh up to 2lbs, and the rest of the weight is your fish!
The three (3) and four (4) day packages include 2 – 50lb boxes per person (100 lbs)
The six (6) and seven (7) day packages include 3 – 50lb boxes per person (150 lbs)
The eight (8) day packages include 4 – 50lb boxes per person (200 lbs)
Fishing Equipment: All Rods, Reels, Downriggers, Tackle and Bait…it’s all included!
Other Gear Provided: Rain Gear, Rubber Calf Length Boots, Waders & Boots, All boating safety equipment required by USCG regulations; Kayaks and related safety equipment are available for guest use at your leisure always using the Buddy System.
1. Commercial Airline Transportation to/from Juneau, Alaska.
2. Hotel Stay In Juneau (although we do have cooperative partnerships that will allow you to enjoy discounted accommodations – just ask our Guest Services agent!)
3. Alaska state fishing license and King salmon stamp 2017 Fishing Rates click here
4. Flight time for day trips with helicopter or float plane charters.
5. Excess fish processing ($3.00 per lb over alloted package amount)
6. Excess luggage over 50lbs on float plane transportation.
8. Alcohol. Due to local City of Angoon “Damp” Law, guests must purchase their libations in Juneau and bring them out to Whaler’s Cove. This is a BYOB “Be Your Own Bartender” “Bring Your Own Booze” situation.
9. Laundry Services available pending our raw water source levels.
10. Local and State Taxes.
Whaler’s Cove Lodge reserves the right to change or modify our published package prices or services at any time and without written notice. All prices, packages, and services are subject to availability and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. All rates are per person. We strongly advise that every person purchases travel insurance.
Updated July 4, 2019