The Founder's Club logo is a Dog Salmon in honor of Richard Powers, the original Founder and current Host of Whaler's Cove Lodge. He was adopted into the Dog Salmon Clan in Angoon in the early 1970's.
Thank you to all of our guests who have made Whaler's Cove what it is today!
The Founder's Club was established in 2014 to show our appreciation to our long term guests who have contributed to the success of the lodge by paying full retail price for 5 trips. These guests have shown their loyalty and enthusiasm for the lodge year after year and we are honored to give back.
TO QUALIFY -
Founder's Club membership is granted to a guest who has made 5 trips to the lodge and paid the full retail, adult rates for those five trips. You will become a Founder upon your 6th trip.
THE BENEFITS -
1. *Lifetime 10% discount on all Founder trips
2. Additional 50 lbs box of processed and packaged fish; fish caught by Founder.
3. Personalized Memorabilia
4. Periodic Offers extended only to Family of Founder's Club members.
5. Gift of Gratitude received during each stay at Whaler's Cove Lodge
*Discount cannot be stacked or added to other discounts. If a Founder wins a 2-for-1 Halibut Give-Away, for example, they can enjoy the free trip, then the following year enjoy their Founder's Club discount. Benefits are non-transferrable; they are to be earned and enjoyed by the Founder.
Call For Details
We believe in conserving our resources and to prove it we introduced the Whaler's Cove Lodge Great Halibut Giveaway in 2011. Twice a week we give away two trips to anglers that release the largest halibut (on guided vessels only).
Current federal halibut regulations require that any halibut caught on a guided vessel between the length of 44`` and 80`` must be released. This is an effort to leave the active breeding stock and retain only (the better eating up to 35lb average) halibut, while still allowing an angler to keep a trophy fish. The choice is yours if you happen to hook up a monster over 80`` (roughly 276 lbs).
Keep it for bragging rights, or release it for a chance at a free return package deal at Whaler's Cove Lodge! Most weeks an angler that catches a halibut between 43`` and 80`` wins the giveaway! Winning anglers will receive a gift certificate for a free return trip (two for the price of one). See rules below.
This program runs all season long at
Whaler's Cove Lodge!
Great Halibut Giveaway Rules
1. Halibut Giveaway partipants must be on a guided vessel the day of the release with a Whaler's Cove Lodge captain to verify size of halibut.
2. Awards will match the trip days that the guest was visiting Whaler's Cove Lodge. I.E. A guest on a 7 day full guided trip would be given a gift certificate for a trip for 2 (for the price on 1) on a 7 day trip. A guest on a 4 day full guided trip would win a trip for 2 (for the price of 1) on a 4 day trip.
3. Award trips must be used by the end of the scheduled season 2 years hence from award.
4. The value of award may be applied to groups or trips of longer duration at time of award.
5. The redemption of the award shall be at standard rates for the year the award is used.