Enjoy the amazing abundance and great fishing variety at Whalers' Cove.
These rich waters produce all five species of Pacific Salmon, Halibut, Gray (pacific) Cod, Black Cod (Sablefish), Ling Cod, Red Snapper and 20 other varieties of rockfish. Due to the natural quantity of herring, the salmon feed in this area for months before migrating to their home rivers. This is one of the world's finest fisheries.
Our waters are a hundred miles from any other towns, so we enjoy wilderness fishing without day traffic pressure from commercial and sport fleets. You won't find boats or planes from other lodges anchored where you want to fish. We enjoy productive fishing only 10-30 minutes from our dock, avoiding long boat rides. Calm waters, created by the sheltered weather effect of nearby islands, adds to the pleasure of fishing at Whaler's Cove Lodge.
Whaler's Cove Lodge employs one of Alaska's finest sport charter fleets. Our boats are built for comfort and speed, accommodating a limit of six anglers per boat. We will lock your vessel down with a group booking of 4! Call Jay for details!
Our custom built 28' to 32' aluminum boats provide plenty of deck space, plus a warm cabin and an enclosed marine head. Our new 31' Devils Club Marine Island Dominator class vessels give us the speed and comfort to reach out to parts known to even fewer souls! These vessels will accommodate groups of 6 with plenty of room to spare. Average loading is 3 to 5 people per boat.
All charter vessels are equipped with state of the art Raymarine GPS units with Navionics bottom contour charts, 1Kw sonars, color radar, VHF radios, SiriusXM satellite radio & stereo systems. and trolling motors.
Guides at Whaler's Cove are lifelong fishermen averaging over 20 years experience in local waters. We are proud to have such a great team of local people that are here to ensure that your time on the water is a fishing dream come true in both quantity and quality.
When you return to the dock at the end of the day, your fish will be filleted, vacuum sealed, and flash frozen. Your fish will be boxed in airline-approved shipping boxes for your trip home. The taste of Alaska shared with family and friends will be a wonderful part of your Alaskan fishing adventure.
All the Gear!
At Whaler's Cove Lodge, we provide the gear so you don't have to. For our saltwater enthusiasts, we provide a wide array of tackle for the variety of fishing in our area. As for the rods & reels, Custom 8' salmon rods with Shimano Tekota 600LC (line counter) reels are our standard for salmon on the down-rigger or mooching (the same used for early morning herring!) .
As for bottom fishing, we use our custom heavier stand-up rods and Shimano Tyrnos II lever drag reels designed for the wide range of species that we pull from the depths.
Round-Trip Transportation: Between Juneau to Whalers Cove Lodge is Included!Round trip float plane ( www.WardAir.com) or high speed catamaran ferry trip (charted through Allen Marine), including 50 lbs of inbound and outbound personal luggage per person; Includes 100 lbs to 150 lbs of outbound processed fish per person (depending on length of trip). The three and four day packages include 2 - 50 lb boxes per person, the seven day package includes 3 - 50 lb boxes per person
Gourmet Food, Snacks and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Daily Hot Breakfast and Alaskan Sized Gourmet Family Dinner served buffet style in the main lodge
- A Lunch Buffet is set out every morning for you to choose just the right lunch for your tastes.
- All beverages, mixers and bottled water are provided
LodgingClean, comfortable rooms and cabins with private bathrooms are situated on the lodge property ADA Accessible rooms are available
Daily Room ServiceOur professional and friendly housekeeping staff will make up and clean your room daily.
Laundry ServiceWe provide daily guest laundry services so you don't have to bring your whole wardrobe...all complimentary!
Guided Packages IncludeDaily Guided Fishing with experienced coast guard licensed captains on our fleet of custom built 32' diesel powered aluminum vessels, all safety equipment, fish coolers loaded with ice, all fishing gear and tackle, bait and fuel.
Self-Guided Packages Include Modern Fish Processing
- 18' to 24' fishing boat equipped with video fish finders, radios and power tilt outboard motors, all safety equipment, fish coolers loaded with ice, all fishing gear and tackle, bait and fuel.
- Self Guide Package Availability is based on a first come first serve basis
- Daily fish cleaning and cutting to your specifications, commercial vacuum packaging and flash freezing is all included.
- Boxes are wet-lock, insulated airline approved for checked in baggage, and hold up to 50 pounds each.
- The three (3) and four (4) day packages include 2 - 50lb boxes per person (100 lbs)
- The six (6) and seven (7) day packages include 3 - 50lb boxes per person (150 lbs)
- The eight (8) day packages include 4 - 50lb boxes per person (200 lbs)
Fishing EquipmentAll Rods, Reels, Downriggers, Tackle and Bait...it's all included!
Other Gear Provided
- Rain Gear
- Rubber Calf Length Boots
- Hip Waders
- All boating safety equipment required by USCG regulations
- Kayaks and related safety equipment are available for guest use at your leisure
- 18' Klamath Offshore boats with Honda 50hp outboards are available for evening use*
- Alaska state fishing license and King salmon stamp (Under $100 per person)
- Excess fish processing ($3.00 per lb over alloted package amount)
- Excess luggage over 50lbs on float plane transportation.
- Fuel Surcharge may apply, announced January of each year.